Market Places to be closed by 6 PM in Guwahati
To control the spread of COVID 19 further in public gathering, the Minister of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued guidelines that will be enforced starting April 20 till April 30,2021.
As per the guidelines, all market places including supermarket, shops in malls along with weekly markets in Guwahati and other districts of Assam reaching 100 active cases are all set to be closed by 6 PM.
It has been reviewed and observed that there has been a gradual increase in COVID-19 positive cases.
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority has issued a special advisory to be followed by the lessee while managing a daily/ weekly market:
- The Market committee/ Local administration /Lesser will follow orders issued by the State Govt./ District Administration regarding date and time of opening and closing of Market place including Lockdown orders and restriction orders issued by Govt. of Assam from time to time .
- The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lesser will ensure sanitization of the Market place before opening and after closing of the Market bazaar on daily basis.
- The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lesser will make necessary arrangements for announcements through public milking in the market place regarding the advisory to be followed at the “entry” and “exit” of the market place.
- The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lesser will ensure propositioning of the display board on relevant advisories in the “entry” and “exit” of the market place.
- The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lesser may restrict the entry of customers in large congregations at a time. Batch wise entry in the market place may be allowed and tokens/ time cards maybe issued to each batch entering the market.
- The distance between each shop or sweet vendor should not be less than 7 meters.
- Specific marketing can be made with sufficient distance manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the market place.
- Advisory on Entry and Exit into the market place/hat/bazaar should be adhered to by the public
- The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lesser will ensure deployment of volunteers at appropriate locations(including entry and exit) of market place to guide general public and customers.
- Install handwashing points in conspicuous places and keep sufficient hand-wash.
- Impose fines incase of any violations regarding spitting etc.