Two houses gutted in a fire in Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh
At the Upper D sector of Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh due to short circuit and explosion of 5 LPG cylinders caused complete burn down of two houses along with a massive fire.
No injuries or casualties have been reported till now. As per police, investigation on the case is in process and the cause of the fire has been suspected as an electric short circuit.
The incident took place in the house of Nabam Mania where the short circuit occurred and immediately started to spread to the adjacent house which belonged to T T Tara.
The fire turned massive when five LPG cylinders exploded; following which Fire brigades from the Naharlagun fire station and 12 NDRF personnel from Doimukh rushed to the site to carry out the rescue operation.
Geyi, the Police Officer-in-Charge, said that they were able to control the fire with the help of two fire tenders.
The NDRF team of Doimukh assisted the firefighters; whereas estimation of property loss and articles is not disclosed till now.